Kraftwerke Oberhasli AG KWO use autoSense fleetPro for their vehicle fleet
Kraftwerke Oberhasli AG KWO is one of the leading hydropower companies in Switzerland. It produces between2,100 and 2,300 gigawatt hours of electrical energy annually. Since 2021, KWO has been using the cost- and effort-efficient fleet solution from autoSense to manage its approximately thirty pool vehicles.
Since its foundation in 1925, the KWO has been efficiently producing electricity from renewable energy sources for hundreds of thousands of people in Switzerland and abroad. With 13 hydropower plants and 8 storage lakes, the KWO Grimselstrom business unit produces between 2,100 and 2,300 gigawatt hours of electrical energy annually.
At its headquarters in Innertkirchen in the canton of Bern, the KWO operates a fleet of around 90 road vehicles. Of these, around 30 passenger cars and light commercial vehicles are used as pool and departmental vehicles, which can be used by various employees as needed.
Previously, the mileage was recorded manually by the drivers in a paper mileage log and then manually read and recorded in the finance department to finally allocate the incurred mileage costs to the corresponding project or department cost centre. This type of cost accrual was sometimes incomplete, not always with the expected accuracy and unnecessarily consumed a lot of resources. Therefore, those responsible at the KWO were looking for a solution.
Solution and procedure
The recording of mileage and internal billing should be simplified as far as possible, and the quality should be improved and digitalised. At the same time, an efficient fleet analysis of the entire fleet should provide insights into any potential for optimisation.
autoSense was able to offer a solution based on three pillars thanks to its own fleet solution "fleetPro" and implement it for the KWO as follows:
- Completely digitalised poolCar management:
- Replaces Outlook reservations and papertrip journal
- The journeys are recorded systematically and thus completely, and in the final solution they are transmitted directly to the financial accounting systems with information on the driver, project / cost centre number and other useful information.
- Fleet management / utilisation monitoring:
- Provides important evaluations in order to optimise the fleet composition and its utilisation in the future on the basis of facts.
- eMobility analysis:
- Based on the data collected by fleetPro in 2021, a comprehensive mobility analysis was prepared for the KWO management in cooperation with its partner BKW so that the right decisions can also be made in the area of switching to alternative drives - an obvious concern for KWO as an energy supplier.
solution from autoSense. From the very beginning, the concerns of both the project team and the employees involved were precisely taken up and implemented, which also allowed the effective solution to be continuously developed and optimised. At the beginning, these changes were received differently by the users. The changeover from paper to smartphone was ultimately well implemented with the less technically inclined users through patience, communication and persuasion.
"Thanks to the regular and well-coordinated synchronisations, even the last special solutions could be successfully implemented in the meantime," recalls Werner Häcki, Head of Transport and Railways at KWO. "The cooperation with autoSense was highly professional, focused and goal-oriented throughout the entire project phase. Their experience has helped us," concludes Häcki.