Data protection for autoSense
Valid from 01 September 2023
The protection of your data is close to our heart
Data protection is a matter of trust and your trust in us is our most valuable asset. The responsible and legally compliant handling of personal data is of great concern to us, autoSense AG. We process personal data at all times in compliance with applicable law, in particular Swiss data protection and telecommunications law (DSG and FMG) and, where applicable, the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1. what types of data do we collect?
- Contact and identification data such as title; surname; first name; private and/or business address; e-mail address; telephone number; customer number; copy and number of official ID (only if required for the respective service such as autoSense Plus with WiFi functionality).
- Personal information such as gender; nationality.
- Contract data such as type of contract; content of contract; type of products and services; applicable terms and conditions; start of contract; term of contract; remuneration claims, invoice data; offer restrictions.
- Vehicle and adapter-related information such as vehicle data (GPS position of the vehicle, driving behavior such as speed deviations, sharp curves, abrupt acceleration and braking, etc.), trip data (information on trips made such as start and end points, trip length, time traveled, etc.), vehicle error messages (engine faults, DTC codes, etc.), other vehicle data (fuel level, mileage, battery status, vehicle model, mass and weight, chassis number, etc.).), vehicle error messages (engine errors, DTC codes, etc.), other vehicle data (fuel level, mileage, battery status, vehicle model, mass and weight, chassis number, etc.), adapter information (adapter type, adapter name, IMEI, serial number, hardware version, operating system and version, signal strength, etc.).*autoSense can only read data from your vehicle. An active access or influence on your vehicle cannot take place.
- User account information such as username; password; user account number.
- Interaction and usage data such as correspondence; customer preferences; type and extent of use of products and services; customer service information such as complaints, warranty claims, delivery information, etc., information about the end devices used (end device type, device ID, manufacturer, operating system, language, version of the autoSense app, device settings, etc.); information from assertion of rights; feedback.
- Information regarding use of online services such as Internet pages visited; IP address; cookie information; browser settings; frequency of visits; date, time and duration of visits; search terms; clicks on content; originating Internet page; information in forms; shopping cart contents; social media profiles; ratings and comments submitted.
- Data from telecommunications traffic such as date, time, duration and data volume (upload/download) of data connections taking place via SIM card; IP address; IMSI of SIM card; device identification numbers such as IMEI, IMSI, MAC address.
- Financial data such as account information; payment information (including credit card information); payment transactions.
2. how do we collect data?
autoSense AG collects and receives information from you in the following ways:
- When you fill out a registration form or otherwise submit your personal data. For example, in the context of registration for an order, participation in surveys or competitions.
- When you interact with our online services.
- From external, public sources.
Your data will be retained for 360 day(s) after termination of your account. Your information may be retained for longer periods of time in accordance with applicable law for reporting or recordkeeping purposes. Data that does not personally identify you may be retained indefinitely.
3. for what purposes do we process your data?
- Processing of orders and contracts
- Credit assessment (determining the creditworthiness of our customers)
- Service quality
- Customer support
- Further development of our products and services
- Abuse Prevention
- Compliance with legal requirements
4. on what legal basis do we process your data?
The processing of personal data requires a legal basis. autoSense AG bases the processing of your personal data on the legal grounds of contract performance, legal obligation and/or the exercise of a legitimate interest.
5. with whom do we share your data?
- Third parties in the context of the fulfillment of legal obligations
- Service providers within and outside autoSense AG (such as product manufacturers and suppliers, maintenance and support service providers, sales partners and marketing service providers)
- Collection service provider
- Third parties in the context of combating abuse
- Subsidiaries of autoSense AG
6. what is the cross-border processing of personal data?
autoSense AG also relies on products and services from foreign manufacturers, suppliers and subcontractors as part of its service provision. In the course of fulfilling their orders, these may access personal data in our systems from foreign locations or process it abroad. Therefore, it may happen that the recipients of your personal data are located abroad, including outside the EU/EEA.
The countries in question may not have the same laws as protect in Switzerland or in the EU/EEA (so-called third countries). If we transfer your personal data to such a country, we will ensure its protection in an appropriate manner, for example by concluding contracts in accordance with the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission.
Please note that personal data processed for our marketing purposes may be stored on servers of foreign service providers and processed by them on behalf of autoSense AG for advertising campaigns.
7. for what marketing purposes do we process your data?
- Personal Data Obtained from Third Parties:For marketing purposes, we may also obtain Personal Data from data providers (e.g., address brokers), such as personal and household information (e.g., household size, income bracket and purchasing power, shopping behavior, and contact information of relatives). For the same purposes, we may obtain data from third-party website operators and online networks such as browsing behavior and personal interests.
- Creation of customer segments and profiles:To enable us to send you individualized, targeted advertising or offers that are better tailored to your customer needs, we create customer segments and/or customer profiles based on relevant personal data.
- Disclosure of personal data to third parties for marketing purposes:With your separate express consent, you allow us to share your personal data with other companies in the autoSense AG group (incl. shareholders/investors) and selected business partners for their own use for marketing purposes.
- Provision of data for advertising marketing by third parties:With your separate consent, you allow us to make your personal data processed by us for marketing purposes available in anonymized and aggregated form to advertising marketing companies for the purpose of target group-based advertising.
- autoSense AG does not disclose your identity to advertising marketing companies or partners of advertising marketing networks. The parties involved are obliged to refrain from and prevent the establishment of a personal reference.
- Obtaining and passing on information from data analyses (smart data):Through the use of data analysis processes, we obtain statistical and analytical information (data products), which we use for our own evaluations and sell commercially to other group companies of autoSense AG and third parties such as business partners or customers in non-personal form. In particular, anonymized data collected via adapters in your vehicle may be used and exploited for data analyses. Any further use of data, as far as legally required, will only take place with your additional consent.
- Right of objection: You have the right to object at any time to the receipt of advertising, the processing of your data for marketing purposes and/or the provision of your data for third-party advertising marketing. In this case, personal data will not be obtained or processed for this purpose. The personal data already obtained and merged for this purpose will be deleted within five working days.
Regarding the prevention of the processing of personal data collected and processed via our online services, please refer to the relevant provisions in the detailed information on the processing of personal data on the website below. There is no possibility to object to general advertisements on our online services.
8. storage period and data deletion
- We store and process your personal data for as long as is necessary, legally required or permitted to achieve the purpose for which it was collected.
- Afterwards, your personal data will be deleted from our systems or anonymized so that you can no longer be identified.
9. provision of personal data by autoSense AG
As part of our service provision, we provide you with personal data about you and, where applicable, other persons (e.g. employees of your company). If we come to the conclusion that the provision of certain personal data and your subsequent processing violates legal or regulatory requirements, or if a person concerned, a supervisory authority or another competent authority raises objections, we reserve the right to stop providing the personal data in question. This may mean that in such a case you will no longer be able to use our services or will only be able to use them to a limited extent. We will inform you immediately in such a case.
10. your rights
- Right to information
- Right to rectification / completion
- Right to deletion
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to data portability / transfer
- Right of objection
- Right to withdraw consent
*You can assert your rights in connection with the processing of your personal data via the listed contact options by sending us your request by mail or e-mail. Please enclose a copy of your identification document (ID or passport) with your request.
**You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence or of the place of the alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes applicable data protection law. The competent supervisory authority for data protection in Switzerland is the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC).
- Any part of this statement may be changed or amended at any time and at our sole discretion.
- The version published on our website (autosense.ch) applies in each case.
- If this declaration forms part of the contract between you and us, we will inform you appropriately in advance and obtain your consent if we change or amend the declaration to your disadvantage.
Responsible for data processing in the sense of the Swiss Federal Law on Data Protection (DSG) and the European Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) is autoSense AG.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding data privacy, you can contact us as follows:
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: autoSense AG, Badenerstrasse 141, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland
Detailed information about the processing of personal data on the website
Personal data is collected for the following purposes using the following services:
The services listed in this section allow the Provider to monitor and analyze traffic and track the behavior of Users.
Google Analytics 4 (Google Ireland Limited)
Google Analytics 4 is a web analytics service provided by Google Ireland Limited ("Google"). Google uses the data collected to track and study how this application is used, report on its activities, and share it with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. In Google Analytics 4, IP addresses are used at the time of collection and then deleted before the data is stored in a data center or server. Users can learn more by viewing Google's official documentation.
Personal data processed: Number of users; Latitude (of the city); Browser information; Device information; Longitude (of the city); Usage data; Session statistics; City; Tracker.
Display content from external platforms
This type of service allows users to view and interact with content hosted on external platforms directly through this website. This type of service may still collect web traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even if users do not use it.
Google Fonts is a font visualization service provided by Google LLC or by Google Ireland Limited, depending on how the provider manages data processing, which allows this website to embed corresponding content on its pages.
Personal data processed: Usage data; Tracker.
Contacting the user
Contact form (this application)
By filling out the contact form with their information, users authorize this application to use their information to respond to requests for information, quotes, or other inquiries indicated in the header of the form.
Personal data processed: User ID; e-mail; last name; usage data; telephone number; tracker; various types of data; first name.
Platform services and hosting
The purpose of these services is to host and operate main components of the application for this application, so that this application can be offered from a unified platform. Such platforms provide the provider with a whole range of tools - for example, analytics and commenting functions, user and database management, e-commerce and payment processing - which involve the processing of personal data.
Some of these services operate with geographically distributed servers, making it difficult to determine the location where the personal data is stored.
Webflow (Webflow, Inc.)
Webflow is a platform provided by Webflow, Inc. that allows the owner to build, host and operate this application. Webflow is highly customizable and can host websites with content ranging from simple blogs to complex e-commerce platforms.
Memberstack (Memberstack, Inc.)
It is organized under the laws of the state of Delaware (USA) and has its head office located at 1209 Orange Street, Wilmington, New Castle County, Delaware 19801, USA. Memberstack processes memberships & accounts and is processing your contact information for your account details.
These types of services help the provider centrally manage the tags or scripts needed for that application.
This results in the user's data flowing through these services and possibly being stored.
Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager is a tag management service provided by Google LLC or by Google Ireland Limited, depending on how the provider manages data processing.
Personal data processed: Usage data; Tracker.
Manage contacts and send messages
These types of services allow managing a database of email contacts, phone numbers or any other contact information to communicate with the user.
The services may also collect data on what date and time message was read by the user, as well as when the user interacts with incoming messages, for example, by clicking on links contained therein.
MailerLite (UAB "Mailerlite")
MailerLite is a service provided by UAB "Mailerlite" for managing e-mail addresses and sending messages.
Personal data processed: Email; usage data; trackers; various types of data.
Make (Celonis, Inc. )
Make is a work process automation service offered by Celonis, Inc. that automates the flow of data between (third-party) services.
Processed personal data: Data transmitted during the use of the Service.
- Strictly necessary cookies: Strictly necessary cookies enable essential core functions of the website such as user login and account management. Without the strictly necessary cookies, the website cannot be used properly.
- Performance cookies: Performance cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, such as analytics cookies. These cookies cannot be used to directly identify a specific visitor.
- Targeting cookies: Targeting cookies are used to identify visitors between different websites, e.g. content partners, banner networks. These cookies can be used by companies to profile visitor interests or serve relevant ads on other websites.
- Functional cookies: Functional cookies are used to store visitor information on the website, e.g. language, time zone, advanced content.
- Unclassified cookies: Unclassified cookies are cookies that do not belong to any of the other categories or are in the process of being classified.
You can change your consent to cookie use below.