autoSense celebrates the 4-year anniversary
autoSense, founded in June 2018 by the three investors Swisscom, AMAG and Zurich, is celebrating its fourth birthday. The company now has a multicultural team of 22 employees in Switzerland and 14 developers in Sweden. And is very successful on the road!
autoSense already enjoys the trust of more than 250 corporate and fleet customers with a large number of managed fleet vehicles, a steadily growing number of drivers who can access the ecosystem of 13 service providers via the app. And now also a still small, but steadily growing number of clients who have so-called white-label apps developed by autoSense .
It has been an exciting journey so far. The autoSense team has grown from 4 people in the beginning to almost 40 in total. The initial focus on technical functions and features such as trip journal, location, engine status, battery charge level has been greatly expanded over the last four years to include practical and cost-saving services. These include the digital fuelling solution, with which the petrol pump can be activated and paid for directly via the app. The first kilometre-based insurance solution in Switzerland, the garage solution with AMAG for timely warning of major engine damage, and many more.
Our goal was and is more efficient and safer mobility, achieved through the digital networking of drivers with their vehicles. According to our latest customer survey, over 78% of our users are already satisfied or very satisfied with autoSense . There is also a high level of trust in autoSense with regard to data security and data storage. autoSense can consistently continue on its path and further expand the mobility ecosystem for Swiss motorists.
Important for the success so far
Not everything works the way it was originally intended. But other things work better. It was important to be flexible, to recognise opportunities and to implement them consistently.
The many feedbacks and shared experiences from our customers with the app were central. This enabled us to continuously develop the product and improve it for all drivers in Switzerland.
Ultimately, success stands and falls with the team. autoSense has a stable management team, motivated employees and a great team spirit.
The most important milestones on our journey so far:
- 2018: Switzerland's first digital fuelling solution launched with Migrol - Refuel without a wallet
- 2019: Switzerland's first pay-per-kilometre insurance launched with Simpego (formerly Dextra) - only pay for what you drive
- 2019: The digital trip journal is approved by the Swiss tax authorities as compliant and recommended in the future - expense reporting, made simple!
- 2020: EasyPark can now be used via autoSense and automatically stops the payment process when you drive away - pay only for what you park
- 2021: Migrol Card: the first whitelabel app from autoSense for a client
- 2021: CO2 compensation according to effective consumption & mileage for B2C as well as BKW eMobility Analyser for fleet customers
- 2022: With "Z Volt", autoSense builds the second whitelabel app for a client
- 2022: Zurich MyWay, Switzerland's new innovative motor vehicle insurance, is launched
The journey continues! We still have a lot of plans at autoSense and a number of things are already on our roadmap. This also includes the topics of electromobility and eCharging, the expansion of the coverage of the available refuelling and charging network, further white-label apps and much more.
Our goal remains to make mobility as a whole more efficient, safer and more comfortable. Swiss drivers should be connected to their cars, be able to share their data transparently with third parties if they wish, and thus continue to achieve direct added value and benefits in the future. We look forward to the journey together.