Note: We accept applications from applicants residing in Switzerland and the EU.
YOUR NEW ROLE
As part of our continued growth, we are looking for a highly skilled Cloud Software Developer to join our agile software development team. You will be familiar with both cloud native architecture and cloud software development. We are looking for a developer with a positive attitude and a "get things done" attitude. The ideal candidate will be part of a small, agile team that works closely with the operations and product teams to develop and maintain the autoSense Connected Car Cloud.
THE JOB IS FOR YOU IF YOU LIKE TO DO THE FOLLOWING TASKS
- Building backend and frontend services in the autoSense Connected Car Cloud
- Deploying, monitoring, supporting and maintaining those microservices
- Working closely with the product and operation teams to build new exciting solutions or improve existing solutions for our private or enterprise customers
- Participate in QA by performing code reviews and proactively taking initiatives to refactor or improve existing services
- Contribute to building more automation, monitoring, and notification into the autoSense Car Cloud
- Monitor and continuously improve the performance of the autoSense Car Cloud
- Provision of 3rd level support when needed
YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong Typescript experience (4 years) in Node.JS building backend services and REST APIs
- Experience in development with AWS services: e.g. AWS ECS, Fargate, Lambda, SNS, SQS, RDS and API Gateway
- Experience building event driven solutions and working with data streams (Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS, etc.)
- Experience with Git
- Experience or willingness to learn DevOps practices (e.g. service monitoring, setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines).
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving skills with an eye for detail
- Good English spoken and written skills
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of container-based services (Docker)
- Java using the Spring Framework
- Experience with MongoDB
- Any experience with "Big Data", AI, ML technology is welcome
- German language skills
HOW WE WORK
- Daily deployments - we make daily commits and publish to production multiple times a day using continuous delivery pipelines
- We work closely with product owners to define and plan new services.
- We leverage the benefits of microservices architecture
- We rely heavily on the infrastructure of established cloud service providers (AWS) so that we can focus on actual development
Hello - we are autoSense.
We are a young start-up from Swisscom, AMAG and Zurich Insurance and develop services for private individuals and fleet managers around the intelligent networking of cars. With the autoSense app and our adapter, we are creating the almost perfect digital assistant for our customers' cars.
We are looking for new team members who will contribute and lead the way - and inspire others to do the same. We are a good fit for curious people who want to continuously develop themselves on different levels. At autoSense you take responsibility, open yourself to new discoveries and influence the quality of our products with your contribution.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are a young, dynamic team with more than 10 nationalities, which is why we have an exciting cultural diversity. We believe in flat hierarchies and quick decisions. Besides many benefits and a fair compensation, we take over 2/3 of your Swisscom Mobile contract, offer you flexible work/home office options, a central office in Kreis 4 of Zurich with access to the roof terrace and of course a free autoSense adapter.
Manon is our Head of Development and is looking forward to receiving your application. After reviewing your documents, she would like to get to know you on the phone. This is followed by a formal interview and a short assessment as well as a get-to-know-you meeting with your future team. The last step is a short interview with our management to complete the process.